If your units are unresponsive in combat, or if you are experiencing loading issues, blue/white screens, or being stuck in battle without the option to retreat, you are most likely suffering from lag. The following steps will help reduce how often you run into these kinds of problems:
- Make sure you clear your browser's cache and your Flash player's cache often (at least hourly during event play). You can find steps for clearing your cache by following this link: https://warcommander.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218296268
- Plug an Ethernet cable directly into your modem and bypass your router. A hardwired connection will be much faster than a wireless one, so jacking-in directly can improve performance.
- Power cycle your modem by unplugging it and waiting about 30 seconds to plug it back in. This will renew your connection and can improve performance quite a bit.
- Make sure your connection, if wireless, is secure to block others outside of your network from using your bandwidth.
- Limit the number of excess applications you have running during gameplay (Skype, Ventrillo, Teamspeak, media players, etc.).
- Limit the amount of streaming (by you or anyone else on your network) during gameplay (YouTube, Spotify, Pandora, Netflix, Vimeo, Iheart Radio, and so forth). This also includes updates and downloads to video game consoles, large file downloads, and torrent sites.
- Make sure that during your time playing any KIXEYE game that you do not have any of the following running: System updates, anti-virus scans or updates, patch downloads for games, or Java updates.
If you perform these steps and are still having issues with latency and connectivity to the internet there are a few tests which you can run to help test your download speed and latency. Please check out the following article for details: