Sometimes players will see the loading bar stop and fail to progress any farther, no matter how long they wait for it to finish. Sometimes the load bar completes, but the game screen does not actually come up; maybe you're left with just a white, black, or even gray screen, but you don't see your base.
Loading issues are challenging to troubleshoot because they have a variety of potential causes: something on our end, something with Facebook, and issues with your Internet connection and/or computer can all contribute to loading trouble. Though there is no one magic answer for all loading issues, we have compiled this list of troubleshooting steps you can try. Start at the top of the list and work your way down, as the most common fixes are listed at the top and the more complex ones are farther down.
- Ensure your computer exceeds our Minimum System Requirements.
- Close any other programs you have that are accessing the Internet (other browser windows, any file downloads, other games, etc.).
- Check your Facebook security settings. Under Account, select Account Settings, then Security, and see if Secure Browsing is Enabled. You may wish to try disabling this to see if it helps.
- Make sure your operating system is up to date with all recent patches. If you have Windows, just run "Windows Update." If you have a Mac, click on the apple icon in the upper-left of the screen, then select "Software Update."
- Clear your browser cache, then close and restart your browser. Try opening the game without opening any other tabs or browser windows. You can find instructions on how to clear your cache and delete your cookies here.
- Make sure that you have the most recent versions of your browser software and Adobe Flash.
- Try using a different browser. Download and install a new browser (so all of the settings are set to default), preferably Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Restart your computer.
- If possible, try using a different computer on a different network.
- Run a virus/malware scan on your computer. You can get Anti-Malware for free from Malwarebytes. This will help ensure you don't have any spyware affecting your computer's performance.
- Run a traceroute to our servers (instructions here). This will track your Internet connection from your computer to us, and look for any hangups. If you notice any consistent results over 100 ms, you may have an issue communicating to our servers. Contact your ISP for further assistance.