During event times, it is common to see an increase in performance issues. This is due to the fact that there is a much larger player base, and because there are even more targets on the map at a time. Those two elements together make processing, particularly through an internet connection, a more strenuous task for the game. This is something that happens in all online games, and it’s not typically the fault of servers, player’s computers, or internet connection, although a weak internet connection and computer that doesn’t meet the minimum specifications can amplify these issues.
If you’re experiencing performance issues during an event, first make sure your connection and system meet our minimum requirements. Those can be found here:
If after confirming you meet all the game requirements and you’re still having issues, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Disable Hardware Acceleration. To do this right click in the game, and select settings, click the bottom left tab (looks like monitor) and then uncheck the box labeled "Enable Hardware Acceleration"
- Turn off all effects: Click on the gear to see your settings, then click on the effects tab, then turn the effects to off.
- Don't play in full screen mode.
- Clear your browser cache. For steps how, check out this link https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache
- Unplug your modem/router for a minute, then plug them back in. This is good to do on a regular basis for network equipment.
If you’re still experiencing issues after that, please submit a ticket to customer support, and we’ll be happy to look into this further for you.